TR7 BFH#55-B

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#55-B
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:10:47 EST
Well, I think I found the reason for the bad idle.  One of the rubber hoses,
part of the tubing that goes from the valve cover back to the carbs, had
fallen off.

I'll still be replacing the diaphragms, but here's another question -- when I
put the piston/diaphragm assembly back in the carb, is there a correct
orientation?  On the bottom of the piston are two openings -- should they be
pointed in a particular direction, like towards the mouth of the carb and the
air cleaners?  I probably didn't pay attention to that before, and I would
suspect for correct air flow/operation, the "orientation" of the piston is
important?

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC