Re: Emission and Cold Engine?

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: Re: Emission and Cold Engine?
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:01:29 -0600
Since this is EPA confessions day,  several years ago to get my MGBGT past
emissions tests I followed the advise of someone on the MG list and leaned
out the carbs as far as possible while keeping a smooth idle. I then
adjusted the choke fast idle so with the choke all the way out the RPMS was
the same as the idle RPM.
I drove it to the station with the choke out as top speed was 25 MPH with it
in . Once the tester had driven it on the test run and it was in the bay and
he was under the hood, I flipped the choke knob off .
At the conclusion of the test he was amazed at how my 74  was cleaner than
many new cars.
There I feel better, Confession so good for the soul.
Bob