Other LBCs/Heartless Bastards

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Other LBCs/Heartless Bastards
From: wiggins@mrcbs.med.yale.edu (CHRISTOPHER J. WIGGINS)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 14:29:45 -0500
Other LBC's:

        Yep, I have my pride and joy, my '71 Austin America (translate as 1300).
        Once drove an Austin Marina-wont bother with that again even if it
        wouldnt die. I believe there one or two other lurkers with 1100/1300s
        on the list.

        On that subject, I always thought my wee Austin was doing well by
        having less than 50K on the clock. However contacts with the above
        two lurkers mine fares less well. Hemmings had two with less than 40K
        a month or two back. 'Popular Classics' had an advert for someone
        trying to find a home for an automatic transmission from one "Approx.
        40K miles". Perhaps I should be proud mine has _acheived_ nearly 50K?

Heartless Bastards:

        Speaking of cars and fire, a good friend in Cambridge UK had his
        Ford stolen from the Addenbrookes car park (do _not_ park your beloved
        LBC there-I think they reckon 4 or 5 cars stolen per day). Unlike
        most, which must disappear to chop shops, etc. this was found 20 miles
        away, burnt out.

        A couple of weeks later he was walking back from the hospital social
        club, only to be stopped and asked a few questions by a police officer.
        "Do you know, sir, there have been many car thefts from this area
        lately...."

Chris Wiggins (wiggins@mrcbs.med.yale.edu)
'57 VW Beetle
'71 Austin America