BL A+ series modified engine.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BL A+ series modified engine.
From: "Rick 'I won the LOTTERY' Barrett" <rbarrett@alpha.dabs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 1994 13:21:22 EST
I have a modified BL A+ engine and gearbox I am about to sell from my
A plate registration MG Metro, does anybody have any idea of value for
it of the following spec :-

1984 A+ engine, 73.5mm bore giving 1380cc using Powermax pistons. The
crankshaft and con rods have been re-ground, lightened, balanced and
tuftrided. It has Vandervall bearings, lightened steel duplex timing
gear. A Kent 286 camshaft is fitted along with a high capacity Metro
Turbo oil pump.

The cylinder head, is by Howley Racing ( now called Racespec ), it is
a big valve, stage three head, which is fully flowed and ported.

The gearbox is a fully rebuilt metro turbo unit of standard
specification.

The engine + gearbox  was built to this specification 6 months ago and
has covered 6,000 miles since this rebuild. The car also has a
maniflow LCB manifold and exhaust system, with a single HIF6 SU carb,
with a K&N airfilter and ram pipe setup, which has been fully rolling
roaded. It has seen 88BHP at the wheels when it was setup.

Any idea what its worth ?

Thanks in advance.

Richard 'Not a clue' Barrett