6.9 litre XJ-S and Europa-hunting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 6.9 litre XJ-S and Europa-hunting
From: Daren Stone <Daren_Stone@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 13:50:45 PST
Text item: Text_1

Hello all,
        just thought this might be of interest in support of the recent
re-engined XJ thread;
At lunch today I walked by a nice XJ-S, and stopped briefly to admire
it, when I noticed the emblem on the rear panel said "6.9". Although I
couldn't seem to recall what I thought they usually said, I didn't think
this was correct. Then upon walking around the front side, my mystery
was solved when I noticed a very small emblem in the center of the
grille, which read:
                         __
                        |__|

                       "396"

Ahem.

    And of somewhat more questionable interest, in ~3hrs I will trek up
to San Francisco to look at a completely disassembled Europa type 65
that is for sale. I'll keep you all posted.

    cheers-
            daren