Re: B&B for LBC's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B&B for LBC's
From: passaret@sol.med.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 10:46:16 CST
# From: TVRVixen@aol.com
#
# Would a LBC-B&B owner need to file environmental impact
# statements?
#
# That many LBC's in one parking lot could rival the Exxon Valdez
# disaster.
#
# On a related note:  I saw a product from the Slick 50 people the
# other day.  My guess is it was invented in England.  It is a floor mat
# that you place under the car. It is made of some special absorbant
# material.

If anyone really needs this sort of thing, I suggest the "New Pig" corporation.
Their phone number is 1-800-HOT-HOGS (468-4647).  They have a catalog
intended for industrial spill control and HAZMAT, but I got some of their
"Dry Floor PIG Mats" and they work wonders.  They cost about $1.10 apiece,
and they're about 20" square.  Each one will absorb a quart of oil
before it starts oozing(sp) out.  They have cheaper ones without the
plastic on the back to keep the floor dry, but they're only about $.20
cheaper apiece.  They can all be put through a wringer and re-used if
you are running a shop, or own more than one LBC :-).
                                                                -MM