club meetings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: club meetings
From: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Arthur Freeman )
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 12:19:26 EST
Dear All,
Funny that someone else (and so far away) has the same problems
with their Historic Vehicle Clubs  (I have a couple of old
motor bikes as well as the Bs).

I have decided to leave the club, because I found it too boring.

Each month the club produced a newsletter, which in effect gave
the minutes of the previous month's meeting etc..., then on
club night the Chairperson proceeded to read out in detail the
newsletter again.

Other events were run monthly (first Sunday was Nine to Noon
ride on the Motor Bikes, the second Sunday the club run for
cars), unfortunately most of the events organised were the
"same as last year".

Even getting onto the committee made no difference, what use
is one voice in the wilderness?.

Better off out of it!

Isnt it sad that these clubs can be so stuffed up by the few
old fogeys who vote each other onto the committees?.

Look forward to other comments,

Arthur