RE: British Cars Digest #1451 Fri Nov 18 01:15:02 MST 1994

To: Ray James <rwj4123@sigma.tamu.edu>
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1451 Fri Nov 18 01:15:02 MST 1994
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 09:46:43 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 23 Nov 1994, Ray James wrote:

> > I have a single axle
> >trailer that was designed to carry an Aston
> >that I would like to sell-cheap.
> >Cheers, Terry
>
> ..How much is the cheap Aston?  Where can I get a trailer to carry it on?
> -------------------------------------
> Name: Ray W. James
> Texas Transportation Institute
> Civil Engineering Department, Texas A&M University
> E-mail: Ray James <rwj4123@sigma.tamu.edu>
> Date: 11/23/94
> Time: 15:31:44

One of my mother's games was to deliberately misunderstand her children if
they said anything that was syntactically questionable.  "Mom, would you
make me a sandwich?" "No, Ray.  I'm afraid you'll have to stay as you
are."

I thought it was she who made me a linguistic smartass, but maybe not.
Maybe it's just that I'm named Ray.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910