Lucas FADEC's and SUs freezing up

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas FADEC's and SUs freezing up
From: vernk@carver.DataFlux.BC.CA (Vern Klukas)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 11:27:54 -0800
Duncan Bryan sez:
>Lucas still do make computers!
>
>Lucas Aerospace make FADEC's ( their acronym ) for jet engine control
>amongst other things.

If anyone cares, FADEC isn't a Lucas acronym, it's a industry one. It means
Full Authority Digital Engine Controller. Full Authority means that, like
the fly by wire systems, the pilot tells the controller what to do with the
engine, and has no direct mechanical control over the engine.

Obligatory British Content section.
Now that winter has arrived here in the Great White North, I am experincing
the HD8s on the ol' Rover freezing up. By that I mean that, overnight, the
piston is freezing in the dashpot and will not move. This makes startup a
messy affair of mutiple pots of hot water over the carbs to free up the
works. Anyone has any suggestions for a more permanent cure?

Vers
Vern

Vern Klukas                                       I'm a little teapot
vernk@carver.dataflux.bc.ca or                    Short and...
ug141@freenet.victoria.bc.ca or
inkspot@carver.dataflux.bc.ca