The Last Open Road

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The Last Open Road
From: James.Fuerstenberg%chnet5@mailgw.er.doe.gov
Date: 25 Nov 94 15:11:00 -0500
          For those SOLs who have an interest in books on motoring and
          which feature LOTS of LBCs, I heartily recommend (at least
          as far as I can being about 40% finished at this juncture)
          the book, The Last Open Road by Burt Levy.  Some of you may
          be acquainted with Burt's loose and somewhat overly
          descriptive style from his columns in Vintage Motorsport and
          writings in Victory Lane. His major occupation (freely
          admitted) is to mooch rides in neat race cars and write
          columns about them.

          The book is a fictional account about motor racing in the
          US, mostly with LBCs, as it took place in the early 1950s,
          with somewhat fictionalized names for many of the real life
          characters, but their real identities can be guessed.
          Although I was not born at the time, as near as I can tell,
          he recreates the flavor of the time quite well.  Anyway the
          book is a whole lot of fun.

                       Jim