TR-7 Heads

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-7 Heads
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 23:50:34 -0600 (CST)
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, our latest lbc purchase was a 1977
TR-7 ($500) with dual webers, nice tyres, no rust, new header, but
burned valve in #1.  Depending on how the bores spec out, we may just
replace the valve(s), hand lap them, and put the head back on.  My
question is...what about TRF's '7 head warpage eliminator kit?  Is
it worth it?  What is a typical cost for the required machine work?
Anyone done this?

side note:  A Triumph parts outfit in England advertised
            these prices:  (Rimmer Bros)
        New TR-7 engine        1000 pounds (about $1600?)
        New Cylinder head       410 pounds
        Reconed Head            200 pounds

-Keith