Kent Cams

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Kent Cams
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 14:03:58 -0600 (CST)
I am not happy with the performance of me Kent cam.  I talked to our
local A/B series engine guru and he said that he has never had good
luck with a Kent cam, or a Vizard (The Vizard made lots of HP but didn't
last long at all).  The best cam (from all the net.wisdom and club.wisdom)
is a Piper.  I am about to freshen up my B's engine (losing a bit of
compression).  It will be re-ringed, and I'm going to change cams to a
Piper 285.  (Thanks to Scott Fisher for recomendations!)  The con-rod
bearings will be inspected, etc.  I hope my bores aren't scratched!
I'm also going to run SU HS4s in place of my SK (Weber) DCOE.  The
SK is destined for another MGB project, which is currently classified
top secret :) ....

-Keith