Re: MGB Models

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Models
From: hiran@ee.uts.edu.au (Hiran Wijetilaka)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 94 13:12:08 EST
> Subject: MG MODELS
>
> read a recent posting concerning MG models.  While in the UK visiting
> our son we located chrome bumpered MGB models to be constructed
> from plastic/airplane glue etc.  Airfix is the brand and the
> sticker says I paid about 7.00 US.  Will not be back over until
> Feb and unfortunately my wife just returned...oops that did
> not work out well.  What I ment is she could have brought some
> ?back.  One from an earlier trip went to SOL dness and he may
> be able to add as to quality.  My box is unopened.  Also
> possibly some of the Uk folks could help.  If you wish to go
> for Christmas 95 we would be able to help.  Wee, enough
> about not very much.
> Dick Burger
> Mainely MG

Dick,
I was sufficiently brave to look inside the box, but was dissapointed with
the general 'build quality'. I have seen one of these put together, with
paint and all, which looked ok. It also suffered from a lack of detail.
Unlike in the say, 1/72 scale model aeroplanes.
My 2 cents, worth.
rgds,
--
hiran

 _--_|\   Hiran Wijetilaka                          email: hiran@ee.uts.EDU.AU
/      \  Computer Systems Engineering              voice: +61 2 330 2372
\_.--._/  University of Technology, Sydney            fax: +61 2 330 2435
      v   PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia.

                   If it doesn't smell, it isn't multimedia !