Shipping trannys from W to E

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Shipping trannys from W to E
From: Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 09:01:02 -0700 (MST)
When you do ship the tranny, have it classified as scrap tranny core.
Make sure you have SCRAP in there as it will lower the price alot.

Paeco suggest calling a motor freight company to come pick up things like
engines.  They way that engines cost between $50 and $250 to ship
depending on weight and distance.  They way to classify the engine as
USED SCRAP AUTO ENGINE  Item # 18-630 SUB 4 and to write this in the
freight bill.

I have a Spit OD box at home.  An A series box will weight less, I bet it
will weight less than 70lbs.  I'll put my tranny on the b'room scales,
if it is close to 70lbs then you can ship your box UPS etc.  I'll post the
weight tonight

This sounds like a good opertunity to play guess the weight of the tranny,
any offers??  While I'm at it, any one like to know the weight of a 1500
block, crank, cam, con rod and piston, head with valves etc, head without
valves.  If its in a 1500, I can weigh it!  How about that.  I can even
tell you the weight of standard cam followers and lightened ones from TT.

Cheers Dennis