RE: Pittsburgh Grand Prix

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pittsburgh Grand Prix
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 08:33:37 EST
> From:  Tom Felts

> The Three Rivers AH Club is supporting the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
> Prix that will happen 15 and 16 July 1995.  The Austin Healey was selected
> to be the "Marque of the year" for this event.

> What we are hoping for is healey owners "near and far" will want to join in
> the fun with their cars on these dates.
> Our big challenge now is to get enough Healeys there to make a go of it.

I wish. If I were to go, it would be to race, in my '59 Austin-Healey Sprite.

The Pittsburg Grand Prix is indeed a fun event, with the races being run by
the VSCCA. My probelm with this concept, is that altho VSCCA generaly allows
cars up through 1959, (And some contiunued models beyond), the last I knew,
they run Big Healeys, but do not allow Sprites, even the '58 and '59 models.

Well, at least that means I don't have to worry about maybe having to fit and
re-tune my engine with a set of SU's, rather than the Weber 45's...

      Roger Garnett           (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
                 "Wayward Sports Car Racing"