Sway bar sizes for Midget

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Sway bar sizes for Midget
From: Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:48:09 -0700 (MST)
Could someone give me some input with respect to anti-sway bars on
rubber bumper Midgets.

FASPEC in Oregon says:  Use a 3/4 inch bar.  Do not use a rare bar as these
can actually make the car handle worse.

Triumph Tune in Londan say:  Use a 3/4 inch bar on the front for fast road
and competition, and only for maxiumun control in competition use a 7/8
inch bar.  They do not mention nor make a rare bar for Midgets.

ADDCO says:  That the 7/8 is the way to go on the front and use a 5/8 on
the rear.

One of you netters says:  I have a Midget with a 7/8 on the front and a 5/8
on the back and it is a great street set up.  Both bars are ADDCO.  Winners
Circle bars (7/8) are really stiff and only for competition use.

I want the car as a street car, never to be used in competition, but will
handle really well along tight corners on winndy open roads.  The questions
are:  what size on the front?  If I get a big front bar (7/8) will I then
need a rear bar.  If I get the 3/4 inch front bar will this be enough and
will  I still need a rear bar or are these detrimental to handling.

I wonder if there is a difinitive answer?

Cheers Dennis

BTW the 3/4 inch bar from TT is about $70 including fittings.