Re: compression problems

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: compression problems
From: TVRVixen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 23:40:58 -0500
Much deleted:

>Maybe.  I think the cylinders where properly honed, as they were done
>at a machine shop.  They looked great!  (looks can be deceiving?)
>They cylinders where bored to .020 over, there was no ridge after that
>I can tell you.  The pistons and rings were new.  If the problem is
>that the rings haven't seated, then I agree that they will never seat.
>If a ring had broken, wouldn't I see more oil consumption, or would
>the oil control ring be enough to do its job?

>I c

I don't agree that they will never seat.  Years ago I rebuilt a 1275cc engine
for a Midget.
I drove the car for a couple years (mostly around town), it ran fine.  I sold
the car to my brother.
 He drove it to Pasadena ( we are from Iowa).  Day one it used 2 quarts, day
two it used one
quart, the last day it used no oil.  Maybe you just need to take a good long
road trip?

Don