Re: LBCs in the media; wire wheel run-out

To: ccamley@mmm.com
Subject: Re: LBCs in the media; wire wheel run-out
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 21:14:54 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 18 Nov 1994 ccamley@mmm.com wrote:

> A question: how much wobble or lateral run-out is acceptable in a (wire)
>wheel?
> My TR has a definite shudder at ~60mph and I suspect the wheels.

Triumph's specs for the TR3 & TR4 called for no more than 3/32 inch (2.4
mm) radial or lateral eccentricity (lift or wobble).  I imagine those
limits would apply to any TR with 15 inch wheels.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu