MGB restoration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB restoration
From: RobertS355@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 14:00:36 -0500
After receiving a number of encouraging responses to my question of whether
or not to embark on the restoration of my '63 B, I've proceeded to having the
entire shell sandblasted.  For the most part it came out looking quite nice
though as one might expect, there are some unanticipated rotted areas.
 Basically the floor boards, rockers (inner/outer/castle), front and rear
quarter panels, and spots of the wheel wells are shot.  I'm a novice at body
work though I've rebuilt most of the mechanics in the car.

I've started to drill out the spot welds on the rocker panels and have come
to the point of knowing that I don't know enough about the proper steps to
proceed further.  I don't want to just start hacking away at things.  Can
anyone advise as to an orderly process to remove the rotted metal?  Should
there be any bracing used to insure that the body doesn't move or distort?
 Any Help would be appreciated as I'm learning as I go.

Bob Scardamalia
Albany, NY
RobertS355@AOL.COM