LBCs IN Film

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: LBCs IN Film
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 11:10:00 -0500 (EST)
          Interesting thread, this. My friend Rick of Series 1 1/2 XKE fame
          (AKA "The Constitution") has made a tape of all the (many) E-types
          that are trashed on film & TV. You know, the one in the 70's John
          Wayne film "Brannigan", The one in "Vanishing Point", the classic
          "Italian Job" trashing of an outside bonnet latch E-Type. But the
          one that tops them all is an episode of the TV show "Murder, She
          Wrote" in which the XKE that is careening down a hilly road,
          brakeless (gee, there's a surprise plot twist with an LBC). It was
          one of those "wait, did I see that?" things where we backed up the
          tape to the beginning of the scene & then went through it frame by
          frame. Our suspicions were confirmed that there were at least 3
          different cars used in this sequence, a Series 1, Series 2 & Series
          3! This was hilarious! I know multiple cars are used in the movies
          for a single car, but this had us laughing the rest of the night.
          "Just get me another XKE" said the director, who, come to think of
          it, was most likely a PO of one & was taking his ownership
          frustrations out!

          Colin

          bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

          74 MGB