Re: British Cars Digest #1450 Thu Nov 17 01:15:01 MST 1994

To: DNESS@delphi.com (Dan Ness)
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1450 Thu Nov 17 01:15:01 MST 1994
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 13:01:28 PST

> OK, I am leaning towards Stainless, but if the price difference is not that
> much I think I would rather go with the Chrome.  After all since the car
> will be stored during the long cold winter there should not be a severe threat
> of rust.  What is the difference in price between the two?  Also one more
> question, are the stainless wheels hard to keep clean?

Prices seem to be about the same for Chrome Dunlops and Dayton's with
stainless spokes for most cars (some cheaper, some more).  Daytons for
TRs are a bit more.  I've heard that Dayton's are of better build
quality.

Stainless would have the advantage that abrasive could be used to clean
them in extreme cases.  I don't think you'd want to do that on chrome;
at least not often.

Roland