"new" Austin-Healey

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: "new" Austin-Healey
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 12:54:55 PST
Question for devotees of the Austin-Healey marque:

The December 1994 _Road & Track_ shows an artist's rendition of a
possible "new" Austin-Healey from BMW, sometime in the not-too-distant
future. I'm curious, though; how does BMW regain the right to the Healey
name? As I recall, the last Sprites were technically Austin Sprites, as
Donald Healey's contract had run out. Later, of course, his name appeared
with Jensen.

Have I missed something? Has BMW agreed to lease the Healey name back from
the family?

Also, those of you who saw the picture in _R&T_; any reactions? I can't
say I was thrilled with what I saw, but then I'm the one who likes
Heralds and Mayflowers....

Andy *anxiously awaiting the 1996 Standard Vanguard* Mace