TR4 side vents???

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 side vents???
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 13:04:50 CST

        I just got the December issue of THOROUGHBRED & CLASSIC CARS.
        There is a nifty article about three gents who built
        Identical TR4s for the Rallye de Pyrenees. What grabbed my
        eye (apart from them using my favorite TR) was the vents cut
        behind the front wheel well of each. I've seen the vents on
        the "works" rallye cars and the TRS Lemans car. Apparently
        the grillwork is cut from a Herald. It looks spiff. Does any
        one know if the ventilation provided helps? Since the vents
        are cut through to the engine bay, I assume there mus be a
        connecting channel from  the outside of the inner fender
        to the inside of the outer fender. Does anyone have specs for
        these vents. It might be a fun project
        to do when I redo the body of my car in a couple years.

        Any info you on this side of the pond or in the "mother
        country can give would be appreciated

                Greg "can you say cruiserine ventiports"Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."