Re: Crankshaft Surface Treatments

To: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Surface Treatments
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:34:13 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Paul Amaranth wrote:

> The '8 goes into storage within the next couple of weeks and I'll have
> some room to start working on the Stag.  Now if only I had the time ...

I know what you mean about time.  As soon as the rebuilt engine goes back
into the family van, I'm putting my TR4 into storage.  It has been my
daily driver for so many years that I can't imagine not using it every
day, but the engine is starting to make expensive noises and the body is
at the point where one more winter of salted roads will be its death, and
I just dont have the time or money available right now to give it the
attention it needs.  Besides, we have more vehicles on the road than the
family size (and bidget) could possibly justify.  I hope I'll find time to
restore the TR4 soon so I can go back to using it every day.  I'm gonna
miss that car...

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu