Midget heaters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget heaters
From: Andrew Dooley <adooley@umr.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 12:52:33 -0600 (CST)
   Just a quick question to all of you Midget owners who, unlike me, have
some idea of what you're doing...  With the recent cold weather, I decided
it was about time to replace the heater in my 72 Midget, which has been
sitting on my desk for quite a while.  Trouble is, it doesn't look like
the heaters in any of the various catalogs.  It looks very much like the
PO inserted the heater out of a 1500, except backwards: the heater box is one
piece, and both the water lines from the heater core are on the same side.
The air hose is still on the passenger side, though.  Before I buy parts for
this, I need to know if any other late 1275 Midgets are like this, or if this
is another custom mod courtesy of the PO.  Any help would be appreciated.