TR6 starter

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 starter
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 08:50:12 -0600

Started playing with the TR6 last night (1972, been sat for 5 years).
I hooked up the battery cables
to the Mav. Battery to see if the starter would turn. No dice. The headlights
dimmed when I turned the key tho'. The solenoid did not 'click'.

I tried touching the starter terminal w/ the +ve cable, but it still wouldn't
turn. The starter is an easy fix, just a clean up I suspect....but is my
solenoid bad?? When I take the starter/solenoid assembly out, should the
soolenoid move in and out when I ground one post and stick 12V across it
by touching the other post?? Should you be able to hear the 'click' on
this type of solenoid?

Marcus