Home Nazis and my old street-car

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Home Nazis and my old street-car
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 14:43:41 -0600 (CST)
The more I hear about other the states, the happier I am to live in
"backwards" Arkansas.  I got a warning once, about my cars.  I'm in city
limits, and I've got way too many cars for a reasonable person.  Called
up the city official and he said he wanted to see them run.  Said he
had no power to make me insure, license, paint, etc... the exact quote
was "I don't care if you've got a hundred cars there, as long as they run.
If the engines run, I don't consider them illegal."  The only thing we
have to deal with here is that it's illegal to have derelict  cars inside
city limits.  so my 1968 R-10 with no braking system and holes in the floor
is not derelict in Little Rock, because that funky little French engine still
runs.

Brit-car topic:

It seems I've finally driven my street car into need of major engine repairs.
Compression in 1 and 4 is down to about 150 psi.  2 and 3 are were they should
be, 185 psi.  I guess that's what happens when you drive 'em hard.  I just
hope the bores are nice enough to get by with a ring job.  Engine only has
about 35k on it, but then those were *fun* 35000 miles...

-Keith