Pullem & Yank the extraction question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Pullem & Yank the extraction question
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 94 11:20:42 CST

        "Now is the Winter of my discontent..."

                I have been stripping the engine compartment of
        "The Green Man" (my TR4) in preparation for pulling the engine
        for the BIG REBUILD. I am about at te point where the "boat
        anchor" comes out. My question for you Scions is this...

        Should I leave the O.D. tranny on the block and pull the whole
        mess or take the tranny off? When I first rebuilt the beast
        many moons ago (and before I got the O.D.) I pulled the whole
        thing, engine and tranny, at the same time. The overdrive makes
        the transmission considerably heavier and I don't know if having
        the O.D. on will make the job more difficult.

        As always thanks in advance for the advice...

        P.S. Chris, I never saw the film "THE GREEN MAN"... Hmmm I'll
             Have to check it out... BTW Have you ever seen THE WICKER
             MAN???

                        Greg "looking for 'Glorious Summer'"Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."