regarding TDs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: regarding TDs
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 94 08:02:39 EST
Fellow fiends:

I must say that I didn't expect to receive the amount of advice I have
regarding shopping for and owning a TD.  Too many people to recite names,
but you know who you all are and thank you very much for the comments.  I
was frankly unaware of the degree and sort of loyalty the T-cars command
among their owners.  That loyalty (for lack of a better word) was evident,
though, with many people.  Responses ranged from the strictly technical to
the almost philosophical, some posted to the net and others (I surmise)
directly to me.  I am much informed by the discussion.

This is one of the great pleasures of this "hobby" for me; meeting and
interacting with people for whom these cars are much much more than a mere
means of transportaion.  Most of my co-workers and neighbors think I'm
*mildly* insane for my affection for these cars (not just T-cars).  Most of
my co-workers and neighbors are *gravely* insane, from my perspective.

So, what about the TD?  I'm going to try to visit the car a second (and much
better informed) time this coming Saturday so as to take a closer look at a
hand full of specific items.  My loyal advisor (who will reluctantly force
himself to provide as impartial an estimate of the car as he can muster) is
happy to accomany me to see it.  I'm hoping for cooperative weather and a
thorough test drive as well.  Last but not least, I'll try to measure the
owner's willingness to lower his price.  Stay tuned.

Will "Pirsig was right" Zehring