Brian's on a Jaguar kick

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Brian's on a Jaguar kick
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 94 18:54:15 EST
Hey guys!  Well, I've done it again.  I've only just finished reading all
the postings from my fellow SOL junkies concerning the 420G and now I have
another Coventry Cat to ask about.  Actually, it's a Daimler 2.5 Litre Saloon.
Anybody know anything about these?  I know that it is a Jaguar Mark 2 with
the Daimler V8 shoe-horned under the bonnet already.  Though what about parts
for the Daimler powerplant?  Do Jaguar treat these cars like my local Ford
dealer does an old Cortina?  It is lhd, and seems to be complete though needs
some minor restoration; nothing any '66 car that has spent its life in the
South would not require.  Again, it has steel wheels, though alas, I know for
once that I can get wires for it!  Price is $3000.  According to what Mk. 2's
go for these days, that seems reasonable.  And this car is a lot rarer despite

the fact that it is just really a dressed-up Jag.  It seems that info on
Daimlers is rather patchy.  Your comments and opinions, please.
Brian Willoughby
bawill01@ukcc.uky.edu