MGB DISTRIBUTOR WIRING for TDC

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB DISTRIBUTOR WIRING for TDC
From: john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com
Date: Tuesday, 8 November 1994 15:02 PT
<DAN HOBBS ASKS>

>DAN HOBBS asks please give MGB distributor wiring<

Dan, when number one is at TDC and you are standing at the
right front fender (WING for us BRITS), with the hood (BONNET)
up and looking at the distributor, the number one plug lead
should be the top right plug lead comming out of the cap.
However, before I get burned! This assumes the distributor is
original and has not been dismantled and reassembled with the
cam 180 degrees out. If this is the case,the plug lead to the
lower left side of the cap would be the number one.
The cap orientation can vary slightly depending on the exact
static timing, but generally the plug leads exit from the four
corners of a horizontal square when one edge is parallel with
side of the engine. ( I hope that's clear enough.  It's simple
to look at, but when documenting it without ambiguity it 'aint
so easy! Which foot should I be standing on, what colour (or COLOR
depending upon your inclination) should the plug leads be, Green
Black? etc. etc. & so on & so on.
Happy SOL'ing.
            John Bartholomew  AMDAHL SAN JOSE CA.
         Opinions are my own, they can change too!
        78 MGB, restoring 76 MGB, 72 MGB daily transport.
408-944-3592 (07:00-16:00 PDT)  via internet   jdb70@amail.amdahl.com