metal plating for old bolts

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: metal plating for old bolts
From: dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 15:35:35 -0700 (MST)
What metal should bolts be plated with??  I am rebuilding the front
suspension on the Midget and want to have all the bolts elecrto-plated to
stop them rusting in the future and to make them look nice.  What metal
would be robust and prevent rusting the best??  I assume zinc or cadmium?

What about other hardwear parts such as the swivle axel or the upper trunion
link??

Chrome would look nice for some bits but I'm not sure how robust it would be
especially for parts like the A arm pivot

Cheers Dennis