Re: Tow vehicle -> XJ-6 -> 4 seat TD

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle -> XJ-6 -> 4 seat TD
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 13:30:37 -0800
Greg Meboe lamented:
>        Since I worked in the support industry for these cars for a few
>years, I know what headaches they can be, but something draws me still.
>At least they didn't make a 4-seater TD, or I'd be in the same situation
>as Will "quiz" Zehring.

There may not be a 4-seat MGTD, but there is a drophead MGY!  The MGYT is a
4-seat open top car, with adequate room for small people (more than a BGT,
anyway!)  With some minor mods to the powerplant, it would be a nice
driving car.  Just don't try climbing hills in a single-SU XPAG!  (Long
story here, involving a Y, a Sprite, several TDs, and a Ferrari/Dino...)
sf

Stan Fickes                    British Cars
Wireless Communication Tech.   1951 MGTD (under restoration)
Advanced Technology Group      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite (daily driver)
Apple Computer, Inc.
408 974-7653