low oil pressure/accusump-Reply

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: low oil pressure/accusump-Reply
From: JWCHESLEY@aamc.org
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 1994 16:03:59 -0500
  Regarding the suggestion for low oil pressure in turns;  I
have seen several vintage racers set up with the accusump to
keep oil pressure up.  Apparently it lets you get by with a
quart less oil, so you get the advantages of a dry sump
system (no frothing and parasitic losses due to the crank
spinning in the oil) with much less cost and complexity.  The
address is:
Canton Racing Products
9 Tipping Drive
Branford, CT
06405
(203)481-8324
.. of course, it won't fix a bad guage or sender... and, I  used
the sudden drop in oil pressure under hard braking to let me
know that enough had leaked out to add 2 quarts... probably
not the best procedure, but I figured that a few seconds of
low oil pressure at idle wouldn't do much damage.. as long as
you _always_ added the oil right away.
- jack