Re: Re- A Mighty Fortress

To: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Subject: Re: Re- A Mighty Fortress
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 12:59:54 PST
In message <n1428251341.43475@admail.fnal.gov> you write:
>2 Corinthians 2:14    "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His
>*triumph* in Christ, manifesting in us a sweet aroma....." NASB

Gee, I never thought that hot Castrol smelled particularly sweet.  Does that
make me a heretic?

Anyway, here are mentions of Triumphs I've found in the NASB:

Old Testament:

DEU 32:27 Had I not feared the provocation by the enemy, Lest their
adversaries should misjudge, Lest they should say, "Our hand is triumphant,
And the \Lord\ has not done all this." '

EXO 32:18 But he said, #"It is not the sound of the cry of triumph, Nor is it
the sound of the cry of defeat; But the sound of singing I hear."#

New Testament:

2CO 2:14   But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ,
and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every
place.

COL 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public
display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

JAM 2:13 For judgment {will be} merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy
triumphs over judgment.