A word to the(John) Wise

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A word to the(John) Wise
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 11:18:36 -0500 (EST)
My TR3A is correct in every way, has sidescreens and a new leather
interior, the correct loopy carpet, new top, rebuilt engine, all
new brakes, lines, .... you get the idea. It is appraised at
$10,000 Canadian. Appraisal and sale price are two differnet things,
but suffice to say that if I was selling and was offered that 10K I'd
be satisfied. (I'm NOT selling it)

So, I'd say that 7000 US is a bit steep for a Chevy red TR3 with no
screens and incorrect seam work.  I'd want to be very sure that:

- the interior is correct
- the body work is not plastic fantastic work
- the rest of the car is in top knick

Side screens are new over 700 dollars CAN for a set and rebuiling an
old set from existind frames is just as much or more.

If your daughter is going to drive it and leave it outside parked then
you'll need screens or the interior will get ruined.

The spats on the back or a nice touch, but ifshe ever gets a flat
it will make life a little hairy changing the tire.
If you can find someone who KNOWS the TR3 take  them along next time maybe.

For that money I'd want wire wheels, a working heater and over drive as
well as the screens! I've sen a number of nice 3s that were original but
needed some love go for 3000 this fall.
Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
'75 Spitfire 1500 // '64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // '59 TR3A
   1966 BSA Thunderbolt // Soon to be a tagged collection of parts.