Jag 3.8S update

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag 3.8S update
From: hill@ece.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 94 15:54:29 -0800
Well, thanks to everyone for the information concerning our possible
purchase of a 1966 Jaguar 3.8S.  The final (??) decision was to not buy
it - a decision that was hard and we are still dissapointed.  The car was
very original, had all the hard-to-find bits, and no rust.  It did have
some mechanical problems (leaking diff onto one of the brake disks,
questionable transmission, slightly low oil pressure, etc.) and a lousy
interior.  All those things could be fixed over time but the stickler was
that we don't have a garage!  The conclusion was that if we had somewhere to
store it and work on it (e.g. a garage), we would have bought it.  We're
still not happy with the decision.

Fabulous car though, lots of power (compared to a 1500 Midget!), handles
well for it's size, comfortable, etc.....  We'll definitely be looking again
when we have a place to store/work on one.

Thanks again,

Rich