Re: Duck/Duct Tape

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Duck/Duct Tape
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 00:50:14 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: Duck/Duct Tape) File(AUG11943.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 08-11-1994 .. 00:38:44

>Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 16:46:30 -0500 (CDT)
>From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
>Subject: Re: Duck/Duct Tape
>
>OK, so I am the designated Minnesota guy.  I called 3M at 612-737-6501.
>This information office can also be reached from outside the
>Minneapolis/St. Paul area toll-free at 1-800-364-3577.  Thanks to Andy
>Ihlenfeldt of the Saturn cars list for these numbers.
>
>The lady there told me that there were MANY entries on her computer for
>duct tape, from nine different divisions.  Acting on a previous
>endorsement on this list of "real gaffer's tape",  I asked about that.  3M
>Highland Brand Gaffer's Tape is sold by the masking and packaging
>division.  You can reach them at 1-800-241-4820.  The listing for 3M
>Highland Brand Gaffer's Tape says all the right things about motion
>picture and theatrical use, aggressive adhesive that leaves no residue,
>non-reflective surface, etc.
>
>In the UK, you are going to have to call 3M and ask.

Acctually, REAL Gaffers tape isn't made by 3M at all.
The only stuff I have ever seen being used by
real "Gaffers" is made by Permecel (SP?).

Never really heard of 3M Gaffer tape. But could be?

Louis Poche' - POCHE@music.loyno.edu