Re: DC Area MGB spotted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DC Area MGB spotted
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 09:16:52 EDT
>On the DC Beltway I spotted a white MGB, with rubber bumpers (I think) and
>a fairly prominent decal on the side that proudly stated "MGB V6 - Ford".
>What in the world is this?

I haven't seen this one, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.  Something
that I have noticed in the area is a TR4 that appears to have had
the entire drivetrain replaced.  The rear wheel wells have been
flared which would indicate that a different rear axle is in use.
The VA tags are TR FORD.  Could be a V6, but I have always thought
that it was probably a V8.  Is this a common conversion?

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!