Victory Lane and email car groups

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Victory Lane and email car groups
From: jey@frame.com (Jeff Young)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 18:14:09 PDT
Greg --

I am on british-cars, italian-cars, and wheeltowheel.  I get the
first two in digest form, and wheeltowheel blow-by-blow.

Actually, I'm quite glad you asked the question, becuase I'm a
subscriber of Victory Lane, and the thing I like most about the
email lists is also my biggest gripe about the magazine (don't
get me wrong, I'm a believer in Victory Lane, I'd just like to
make it better).

On the email list I get people's raw, biased opinions.  This is
particularly helpful when I don't know what I'm doing.  I can
pick who made the most sense, and go with it, at least knowing
that someone's been through it before.  Victory Lane has all
these great "how to" articles that tell you a whole bunch of
different things, but never "in this situation do this, in this
other situation do this other thing, and otherwise you're on
your own."

-- Jeff.