Re> Morris Minors

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re> Morris Minors
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 29 Apr 1994 14:39:35 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:1:33 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Re> Morris Minors                      Date:4/29/94
>I have an official British Leyland (who?) workshop manual covering the
Minor MM, II and 1000 if anyone needs info.

>Regards

>Alex

>(ex 1954 series II 803cc!)

Hi, Alex. Sorry to bomb the list, couldn't Email you directly for some reason.
I learned to drive in 1968 in a 1954 Morris Minor with a sidevalve engine. One
time I had to pull the head and I measured the bore and stroke and calculated
the displacement at 912cc's, give or take. The MG dealer said "912? Ain't no
such animal, should be 948cc." and he either could not or would not order parts
for it (it needed a con rod). I finally junked the thing, but I've always
wondered why he said that. Does your book say anything about a flathead engine
of around 912cc?
Rob (I always thought Moggy meant a Morgan) Reilly