Re: Centre Caliper seal

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Centre Caliper seal
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 08:24:56
> do not split the calipers because apparently the little O-rings that seal
> the hydraulic circuit are not re-useable and will leak upon reassembly.
>
> Regarding the O-rings, does anyone know of as source for the O-rings,
> without having to buy a whole rebuild kit.  Any-one have a contact for
> Girling or Lockheed, it would help me with my previous brake upgrade idea.
> O-rings must resist brake fluid.

A couple of the usual sources have just started carrying these seal- I
think I've seen them In the latest Moss & Mini Mania listings, and Dave Bean
Has been known to carry them for some time now. The seals are the same for
many (most?) Girling or Locheed calipers.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!