you put your borrowed carb in, your old carb out and shake it all about

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: you put your borrowed carb in, your old carb out and shake it all about
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 08:56:10 CDT
Well thanks to Mike Mchaffee on the list for letting me borrow a set of
his SUs while mine are being fixed. I installed 'em yesterday and it
sounded wonderful to get the idle below 1500rpm again.

I still can't get to grips with that damn colortune....I know these carbs
are old...but their not as leaky as my old ones. Anyway.....it feels
like I'm running a little rich still, even though I got a blue on idle
from the c'tune, and did the other tests as well. Perhaps I'll just
weaken both the carbs 1 or 2 flats and see what happened. I did a 40 mile
run this morning and it drank far tooo much gas.

I also put in the other replacement dizzy. This time I know the advance mechs.
work on this one. I have'nt tried the lighter springs yet....but WOW. The
difference was amazing. I opened the removed dizzy...and yep...the weights were
frozen solid on that one. Anyway....at least I can attempt to break 15 seconds
on a 0-60 now!!

Marcus