Did I find my GT6?? ... nope!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Did I find my GT6?? ... nope!
From: alberta!decwrl!uunet!men2a!jando!oasis!tfd!afp!gna!diablo!BEATTY@tribune.usask.ca
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 08:37:20 -0600 (CST)
Saturday mornings classifieds had an add for a 1970 GT6, low miles, needs
slight body work asking $2500. This is it. This is what I have been waiting
for.  I show my wife and she just gives me that look. You know the "You can
look, just don't buy".

I take off right away to have a look. The car has been sitting for 5 years
outside, 4 flat tires, NO light fixtures at all, No bumpers, No chrome strips,
No carpeting inside, Wires hanging to the floor under the dash, hood sitting
on the front of the car not attached, no air cleaners on carbs, many other
parts missing..... etc...

I just looked at the guy and said "You want 2500 dollars for this?" hoping
maybe it was a misprint. His response was "Yah, whats wrong with it?"

He tells me these cars are real rare. He's says you never see them around.
I just shook my head and left, telling him he was way outa line.

So yet another disappointment in the long search. I guess I'll just keep
lookin!

Tom "I just gotta have a sports car again" Beatty

Had: Fiat 124 sport coup, 65 TR4, Opel GT, MG Midget
Have: Ford Tempo