carpet adhesives

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: carpet adhesives
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 07:23:23 EDT
Fellow fiends:

A few weeks back there was a discussion of glues to use for the
installagion of carpet.  Well, as ususal, I wasn't paying attention.
The reassembly of the '63B continues and brother do I need help.
For the latest installment...

Can someone help me with the following:
I want to glue down the black vinyl between the dash rail and the
windsheild on my 63B, and I wonder what I should use to do it.
Should I sand paper the new paint surface (smooth and shiny, not
likely to bond glue well?)?  Is there a particular type of adhesive
someone can recommend?  Has anyone used the Moss carpet adhesive?
Why can't I use it if it is over a year old?
Lastly, what was the final word on carpet adhesives?

many thanks
Will "How does he make his voice do that" Zehring