Bosch dist cap now copper again

To: sol@us.oracle.com
Subject: Bosch dist cap now copper again
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 21:17:53 PDT
Remember how I was bemoaning that all I could find was distributor caps
with *aluminum* contacts, but I wanted copper (first choice) or brass
(the usual)?  Lucas is aluminum, so was Bosch last time I checked.

This weekend, the Bosch one I got at Grand was copper, so I'm happy.  Who
knows why they changed or if they'll stay copper...

Price: $14 cap, $4 rotor, eep!  Champion's still a deal at $1.09 each.

--ian

p.s. After driving around awhile, the copper contacts still look shiny
     and perfect.  Aluminum would already be pitted, scorched, burnt;
     eroded away by the high voltage discharge...  (as happened with
     my brand new Lucas cap last time I did this).