World of Collector Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: World of Collector Cars
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 94 10:54:45 CDT
I just saw a show on PBS called World of Collector Cars.  The 1st 15
minutes were devoted to an all British show (I tuned in late so I don't
know which one).  The cars they featured were:

Jaguar XK140 restored as original
50something Riley convertible with a Capri engine (so they "wouldn't get
        stuck somewhere with a British Engine")
Healey 100-4 restored as original
Sunbeam Tiger with 289, lowered suspension, and flared fenders (original
        260 had dumped it's oil and seized)
1972 TR-6 "driver"

What I found most interesting was the cars they didn't feature in the
background.  I saw TVRs, Jensens, an Austin panel van, MG sedans, etc...
that all looked to be in beautiful shape.

I thought the group of cars they chose to feature was interesting.  I
guess they wanted to have a little something for everyone.

Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu