Air pump removal

Subject: Air pump removal
From: Gregory T Fieldson <fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 15:10:09 -0400
Question:
  I have temporarily removed the air pump from my car ('78 carb TR7) to
do some work on it and would like to know if plugging the air feed rail
to the cylinder heads is sufficient to prevent any damage or problems
while the air pump is off.
  This work may take some time, as I think I will have to fabricate some
new vanes for the pump. The vanes appear to be made of the same material
as motor brushes. What is this?

p.s. please reply directly, although I have re-subscribed to
british-cars, I am not sure that I am on the list yet.

Gregory Fieldson                        fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
Department of Chemical Engineering  --  The Johns Hopkins University