Re: British Cars Digest #1179 Fri Apr 22 00:11:17 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1179 Fri Apr 22 00:11:17 MDT 1994
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 08:56:42 MST
> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 06:19:57 EDT
> From: rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov.inst.bnl.gov
> Subject: Search for TVR plasic model

> Has anyone on the net ever seen or heard of a plastic TVR model.I am
> looking for a 1970 vintage. I know they existed back in the early 70's
> while I lived in England, I would like to try different color schemes
> on it before I commit to a new color on my real car.  Any news would
> be appreciated
I've seen these recently in one of the Briitish Classic Magazines.
Here's another suggestion.  If the car is currently a light color,
take some black and white photographs of the car. Have a batch of
matte finish prints made in a reasonable size (5x7 or 8x10).  You can
then use colored pencils to test designs, colors, etc.  You can use
actual paint samples ifyou are careful.

My parents owned a portrait studio when I was growing up.  They used
to specialize in oil coloring black and white photographs.  To make
this work, add your paint to an artists oil paint base.  Then carfully
use cotton swabs to color the car.  It takes some practice, but the
result is quite realistic, probably better than you can get from
painting a model.

> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 13:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
> Subject: Re:  Sprite Mk II config.sys

> says the 10CG 1098 engine would be correct on a late Mark II Sprite, but
> the 10CC engine would be ca. 65 vintage (Mark III).

> >      panels will swap over. And wires as in wire wheels ?
> >      for under $200 ? Glad it's not close enough for me to
> >      grab it ... :-)
> >

> I would too.  It *is* a sickness.  There was a 66 Midget in the paper last
> week for $500 and I made a point of *not* going to look at it.  I would
> want to take it in, like some people collect stray dogs.
I guess its that time of year again, when everybody wants to shed thos
projects they didn't get done over the winter.  The Denver paper Today
had an ad for a '69 Midget with 'straight, rust-free body', 'clean
interior', engine and transmission removed for 'performance rebuild'
for $500.  That should be a 1275 as well.  Fortunately, I'm deep into
Maggie right now and just spent that $500 on patch panels and interior
bits :-)

    Jay Nemeth-Johannes                       87 Merkur XR4ti
    Hewlett-Packard                           83 VW GTI
    VXI Systems Division                      71 Saab Sonett
    Loveland, Colorado                        58 MG ZB Magnette