Whats a '68 MGBGT worth?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Whats a '68 MGBGT worth?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 15:08:02 -0700
I'm getting semi-serious about selling off the BGT but have no idea how to price
her.  Below are the specs and known problems/features. Anyone care to make
guesses?

-1968 MGBGT, located in North Monterey Bay area California
-BRG, should be repainted as looks a 'tad' worn
-No rust (seriously) except minor surface rust where paint chipped and some
light surface rust inside engine bay.
-A ding in each front wing, over rider impression on back, front of aluminum
bonnet a bit rough. Rest of body ding free.
-Black interior with white piping complete & intact.
-Motoleta wood steering wheel
-Overdrive
-Wire wheels, couple of broken spokes
-New valve job with all new exhaust valves, bronze guides, and new hardened
seats.
- New professionally refurbished SUs including rebushing
- Newly rebuilt distributer (old one disassembled and rebuilt)
- SMOG pump frozen
- Alternator & starter motor about 3 years old
- Recent 12V battery conversion from 2-6V batteries
- New calapers, wheel cylinders, pads, and brake shoes.  Master cylinder about 4
years old.
- no radio
- center consul from '70s MGB (wanted a place to rest my elbow)
- Fog lamps
- needs new front end bushings
- New fuel tank with new mounting harware recently installed.  Needs new sender,
reads fine to about 1/3 tank then reads empty.
- exhaust manifold to pipe leak but have new gaskets.
- engine has non-stock cam, and lightened rocker arms.  Rest may be stock.
- needs new fuzzy seals, have sitting around.
- Factory owners and shop manuals + aftermarket shop manual
- New front grill installed 4 or 5 years ago.

Basically, she is a driver that just had engine and brake work done, but could
use a new SMOG pump and front end bushings.

I have been debating in keeping her since I bought her.  She has been my winter
commute car for about 5 years.  I guess I'm just not a MG type.  I am
considering replacing her with a leaf spring TR4.  I don't think I could afford
to heavily use a Jag MKII or to purchase a fixed head XK.

So what do you think she's worth?

TeriAnn Wakeman                    Spell checker by Lucas
twakeman@apple.com
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344          TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561